[yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re: Maillist

Evan Read (Evan@AdvComm.Co.NZ)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:31:18 +1200

>> If this isn't possible (if not, can you really call yourself a Linux
>> Company? ;), then perhaps (like this is gonna happen ;), by convention, we
>> need to indicate in all our subjects that the message relates to the
>> YDLGeneral Mailling list.
>I disagree. There's no need to indicate the origination of a message in the
>Subject heading - I would rather that was used to describe the content of the
>msg itself.
>Surely, you are using a emailer with Rules processing for filtering messages
>according to the TCP headers?

I would expect that it would do both. And I belive I am using such a
browser. I would just consider it "better form" for all messages to be
tagged in someway with identification that is immediately noticeably. If
the system that has been implemented by Dan doesn't work (IE the subjects
get too long with garbage) or if anyone really can't deal with longish
subject lines, then we can have it killed and everyone who wants to can
sort with headers.

Of course, many of our newbier Gone Home users (when they come) won't
really like that.

Lets see how things work out.

--
Evan Read

Advanced Communications Level 1, 43 Montgomery Square Nelson

Ph: +64-3-546 9169 Fax: +64-3-546 9170 Web: http://www.advcomm.co.nz