[yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re: Maillist

#hea (hea@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 99 09:59:18 -0700

>I have one big inbox too. Hence this works better for me.
I prefer subjects that indicate content of message rather than source of
message.
I use the To, From, CC, BCC, ISP, etc. to sort messages.

>If the majority hate it, then we can cancel it. It will work better if
>people remember to shorten the subjects to a bare length (as I did for this
>email - in this case, it doesn't hurt the information contained wihtin the
>subject line).
I don't know about the majority, but I hate it ;-).

>>This is also true.
>>If any of you use a unix account for email, surely you have Procmail.
>>Also, most major email clients do have a filtering system.
>>
>>As for me, I like one large inbox.
>>Again, I can remove the subject prefix, I thought I'd add it for a bit and
>>if enough ppl hate it I can remove it.
removing it would be nice :-)

>>> I disagree. There's no need to indicate the origination of a message in the
>>> Subject heading - I would rather that was used to describe the content
>>>of the
>>> msg itself.
>>> Surely, you are using a emailer with Rules processing for filtering
messages
>>> according to the TCP headers?
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>

>>Dan
>>
>>Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
>> email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
>> website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
>

>--
>Evan

>> As for me, I like one large inbox.
>> Again, I can remove the subject prefix, I thought I'd add it for a bit and
>> if enough ppl hate it I can remove it.
>Er, yeah - see how messy it gets. Sorry, but I dont always have time or even
>remember to edit the subject field.
>
>Votes so far: For 1 (do you count, Dan? ;-) - Against 1.
Things get real messy real fast with modified subjects. At BEST you will
end up with THREE threads for each real thread. The origonal, a
[yellowdog-general], and a Re:[yellowdog-general].
If people need to edit the subjects, then let the RECEIVERS modify the
subjects so we don't all have to wade through:

 Re: [yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re:
[yellowdog-general] Re: Maillist

Additionally, what good does it do if ONLY yellowdog does this subject
editing. You can't really group your other mail lists by subject. (
unless you add them yourself ;-)

...Harlan