[yellowdog-general] [YDG]: login prompt

Kaan O. Erdener (kaan@cs.utexas.edu)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:27:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

I've got a problem logging in on an imac with champion installed (and all
the available updates also installed).

I've gotten YD linux installed on an imac rev B. several packages are
installed, booting into single-user mode works. But when I boot into
text-only mode, the login prompt appears and doesn't allow a normal login.
If no username is entered, another prompt is displayed below the current.
However, if I enter a username (tried "root", also created an account and
used that name) then the login prompt prints quickly prints an error
message and immediately redraws the screen. No prompt for password, no
easily readable error message.

What's up? I've never seen anything like this.

Thanks,
-k

NAME: Kaan Erdener
PHONE: 512-431-7870
EMAIL: kaan@cs.utexas.edu
INTERNET: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kaan

"The most beautiful thing in life is to have goals. Without goals you
 lose your desire to react, to do something good." -- Marco Pantani