Re: YDL install questions

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:10:00 -0600 (MDT)

Thomas,

You have to install them after you install your system off the cd.
If your system is not connected to the internet, you may not need the
security updates. This is up to you. (I strongly advise it).

Most of the other updates are minor things, and you probably don't need
them. I'd consider installing all of the packages with urgency levels of
"medium" and "high".

To upgrade, all you need to do is: rpm -Uvh <filename>
Where <filename> is the name of the file you wish to install an updated
version of. (make sure you do this as root)

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Thomas Braun wrote:

> Your support section shows many updates dated 4/1/99 concerning security.
> How do I know which files I need, and how do I install them when I am doing
> a CD install.
>
> Tom Braun

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.