Re: Install Problems on a 6400

Raymond Cote (rgacote@AppropriateSolutions.com)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:42:06 -0400

Robert,

Did you use the default selection of packages, or did you select additional packages.

I've had the same problem installing on a 4400. I'm not quite sure which package causes the problem, but if I install only the packages selected by default I get beyond this mouse problem.

Ray

>Hi,
>I just got my copy of YellowDog and tried to install it last night.
>Unfortunately it didn't quite work.
>
>I am running a Performa 6400 with 48 megs of Ram and an ATI XclaimVR Video
>Card with 4 Megs of Ram.
>
>Well here is what happened.
>I used fdisk (pdisk) to format my drive. The first 4 partitions were left
>untouched.
>I set up 4 partitions:
>root-100MB
>usr-300MB
>home-380MB
>swap- 82MB
>
>Then I began the install process and it went smoothly until after it got
>done checking for overlapping files. The screen flashed "error during
>configure mouse". I am using a standard apple mouse and keyboard. It asked
>to go to Previous, Retry or Menu.
>
>Previous didn't work neither did Retry. I was forced to go to the Menu
>screen (figure 7.3 in the install manual)
>
>I tried skipping the mouse but nothing else worked either.
>I tried using the newest ramdisk.image.gz file and that helped a little. I
>was able to install copy al the files over before I got the Mouse Error
>Message. I also uninstalled my Video Board but that didn't help.
>
>What am I doing wrong and are there any special tricks for installing on the
>6400?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

Raymond Cote, President Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
www.AppropriateSolutions.com rgacote@AppropriateSolutions.com
603.924.6079(v) POB 458, Peterborough, NH 03458 603.924.8668(f)