rev a imac

j (oi@QNET.COM)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:46:52 -0700

I was having problems getting X to work so I decided to do a clean
install and see if i could isolate the problem.

now the install doesn't work.

using the updated ramdisk and the kernel off of the cd i cannot get the
install to complete. it hangs when it is installing packages. I know
something is wrong because the cd spools down and nothing happens for
several minutes. Everytime i do the install i check for bad blocks and
reformat the linux partition (dev/hda8). Anybody else have this problem
or is my hard drive hosed.

j.