Error: package xxxx at line ## does not exist

Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:59:38 -0400

Folks,

OK, the latest problem. Hopefully, this one has a less-stupid answer. :) I
don't have a clue where to start with this one.

I've renamed all of my files. I wiped the drives, re-formatted them, and
re-installed. Almost. When I get past the hard drive partitioning, it
formats the partition, and then gives me a string of errors.

First, printed across the background -- not in the window -- is "read
failed: is a directory (21)". That appears twice. Then, requesting a
confirmation each time, is "package yellowdog-release at line 85 does not
exist," though the package and line number varies each time. zlib,
xterm-color, xscreensaver, zip, ypbind and others all come up.

I don't even have any ideas for this problem. Anybody have some thoughts?

Best,
Waldo