Re: PB G3 FBDev file?

Rich Cavanaugh (rcavanaugh.lists@maccenter.com)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:50:08 -0500

I mentioned this before, but I wasn't sure it worked. But, I just did it
again on my Blue and White, so this works. At the bottom of you XF86Config
file you should have a display section (last section). There it should have
a subsection for each bit depth you're setup for. What I did was delete all
but one of the bit depth sebsections (any one, it doesn't matter). Then
change the bit depth to match what it was in MacOS before you booted linux
with bootx (you should have the no video driver checked off in bootx). Next
next to where it says Virtual it should list a few resolutions (possibly
only one). Delete everything on that line except for the word Virtual and
the next to it put a space and then type "default" with the quotes.
Also the last entry should be a single resolution, change that to whatever
it was set to in MacOS. I've now done this exact procedure on a BW G3, a
PowerBook G3 and a PowerComputing PowerCenter 150, so I'm pretty sure it
works. When I get home I'll send my XF86Config file to Dan.

--
Rich Cavanaugh
MacCenter Systems Engineer

---------- >From: Brian C Van Essen <drizzt@andrew.cmu.edu> >To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com >Subject: PB G3 FBDev file? >Date: Thu, Apr 22, 1999, 9:51 PM >