Optimizing video for G3s, ISDN

John L Grantham (jgrantha@hannover.sgh-net.de)
Fri, 23 Apr 99 19:21:21 +0200

Greetin's,

I have a (perhaps odd) question: I finally got my Linux video running at
a good clip with my G3 MT/266 under LinuxPPC R4 with the 2.2.4 kernel by
passing it the following parameters, which I gleaned from the FAQ-O-Matic:

video=atyfb:vmode:14,cmode:32,mclk:63

This got things running much faster (it apparently forced the video
driver to use the ATI card), but the only drawback is that the monitor
setting jumps to 60 Hz--which is not at all good (my monitor normally is
set to 1024x768x32 with 75 Hz).

Anybody have a suggestion as to getting it to run fast AND have a decent
refresh rate?

As another note: has anyone come up with a way to get a Sagem Planet ISDN
adapter to work? I tried contacting them and they apparently "have no
plans" to make a Linux driver--and since it's a soft modem, I'm not too
hopeful.

Anyone have any experiences with ISDN and LinuxPPC or YDL?

cya

John

John Grantham | Dipl.-Designer (FH)