Re: Archives?

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:44:09 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks for pointing out the utempter thing.. this is fixed in the 'comps'
file now.

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Ben Karas wrote:

> >If it does get past that stage, it goes fine through to package selection.
> >After that, there is an obscure error related to "line 107" (don't recall
> >the name of the file- I'll find it later).
>
> The file it refered to was utemper. The reason this fails is that the rpm
> is named
> utempter. ^^^^^^^
> ^----------------------/
>
> You can download this, and the following RPMS from the ftp server once you
> finish installing:
> pine-4.10.ppc.rpm
> procmail-3.13.1-2.ppc.rpm
> sysklogd-1.3.31-3.ppc.rpm
> XFree86-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm
> XFree86-devel-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm
> XFree86-libs-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm
> XFree86-xfs-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm
> XFree86-FBDev-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm
> mutt seemed to be missing when I went through this.

Mutt's there now.
If you are doing an ftp install (or any other NON-CDROM install) you
shouldn't need to get the update RPMS as they are already included in the
RedHat/RPMs directory.

> Provided you get through the downloads, you will most likely get an error
> when the intaller tries to run Xconfigurator.

Hmm.. it shouldn't provide an error.. what is the error you are getting?

> What you should do is skip the step, download the rpms, and install them.
> Once they are installed, you should run Xconfigurator yourself.
>
> These errors occured because the version numbers changed. I might not have
> listed all the rpms because I didn't install "Everything". Best method is
> to copy down the names as you get the errors.
>
> > The installer procedes to search
> >the site for the .rpms. It can't get them, despite attempting the proper
> >URLs (according to the record in the third terminal.) Without fail, I get
> >one of two error messages: either the server "can't be put into sleep
> >mode" or there is an "I/O error." I get the same messages when using
> >ftp.yellowdoglinux.com, ftp.linuxberg.com, and the uiuc site.
>
> I got this error also (something about setting up PASV failed), a second
> try did the trick. Don't know what happened or why.
>
> >Any hints? Suggestions? Thoughts?
> >
> >2) Is there a cd-image somewhere on the FTP site? I've tried to burn a
> >disc in the configuration indicated by
>
> If you have the hard drive space, a 2.2.x kernel should be able to access
> HFS partitions and therefore you could save the RPMS, base, and instimage
> inside a "RedHat" folder on your hard drive. This solves the RPM issue,
> but takes up 382MB of space.
>
> -Benjamin Karas

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.