Just in case this got dropped... I'm desperate.

Subject: Just in case this got dropped... I'm desperate.
From: Wade Ammon (wga1@axe.humboldt.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 17:41:07 MDT

Seeking help from the YDL faithfuls,

I have a 9600/300 w/ 128mb RAM, MacOS installed on a 4gigHD and YDL on
another 4gigHD. There is also a third HFS HD for storage. The CD ROM is
stock 12X, and the graphics card is the stock 8mb card that came with
it.

This machine no longer sends a consistant video signal. The monitor does

not switch to 'sleep' mode when this happens either. The 21 inch apple
monitor usually switches to 'sleep' mode when the video signal cuts out,

but in this case it doesn't.

In my attempts to find a solution via telnet, I have had no luck....
aside from the fact that I have almost no idea where to look for an
answer to this. The monitor does come on for a short time after a
reboot, and it also comes on sporadically when I mount a CDROM. This all

leads me to believe the hardware is doing something funky... I just
don't
know what....?

I have swapped monitors, vid cards, and CPU daughtercards.... these are
not the problem.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope....