Sleeping an iMac monitor

Subject: Sleeping an iMac monitor
From: Evan Read (evan@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 04:15:09 MDT

Hey all,

I have looked everywhere for a solution to this problem, and so far I
have come up blank. Not a how-to in sight ;)

I want to be able to sleep (standby) my monitor overnight while I have
the rc5des client running. I would prefer to be able to run it outside
of X(so i can sleep a monitor anywhere without having to worry about a
gui) but if X is all that will do it, I can live with it.

I hope can do something like:

$ rc5des & sleepthemonitor & gotobedforthenight ;)

Thanks all.

Ev