Re: delete key on b&w keyboard

Subject: Re: delete key on b&w keyboard
From: root (n8_f@uswest.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 04:41:37 MDT

I noticed that the mapping doesn't carry over to telnet or ftp although it does work
correctly in pico. Is there any way to get it to map correctly within those
apps? The ideal solution would be something that provided a consistent keyboard
interface across Linux. Perhaps I've been spoiled by the commercial OSes? : )
Could this be changed in the kernel source? I really don't care what I have to do,
so long as I only have to do it once and I can roll the changes over into subsequent
kernels. However, because this should affect everyone with the new USB keyboards,
I would think that someone would have already done this. Any suggestions?

Nathan "n8" Florea