Re: IBM RS/6000 install problem

Subject: Re: IBM RS/6000 install problem
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 1999 - 12:15:03 MDT

Hi,

This is a problem. We've tried to shrink the image further without much
luck. I suggest you try two things... 1) boot the image over the network.
This is how we boot the installer on our machines. 2) our F50 has a 2.88mb
floppy drive. If your model does too, this might also be a solution.

We're still working on this one.. problem is, we could get rid of say,
ftp, http, nfs install methods but then people would have to have the
cdrom and this isn't a great solution.

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Bernt Magne [iso-8859-1] Øvregård wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have problem installing Champion 1.1 on a IBM rs/6000 (p43).
> I tried to make a install floppy using the install image found
> on YD's ftp server but it's to big for a floppy (1.8Mb).
>
> Any idea how i can solve this?
>
> Magne

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.