Re: installation

Subject: Re: installation
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 1999 - 22:01:55 MDT

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Taro Fukunaga wrote:

> Okay, I downloaded the installation manual and briefly went through it.
> So what I gather is that you boot into ydl via BootX. So booting from OF
> is not supported? I've used OF before on my PowerCenter to boot LinuxPPC.

You can OF boot if you've done it in the past. We don't go over it because
it doesn't work well on a large majority of systems.

> Also, has anyone tried to get Japanese Language support working on ydl?
> I know this is probably better supported by Japanese distributions. Just
> thought I'd ask.

Not out-of-box. You can add fonts, etc. to make Japanese language support
better. Future releases will have much better language support.

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
 website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/