Re: Champion Server 1.1 -- Necessary Files and Version Info

Subject: Re: Champion Server 1.1 -- Necessary Files and Version Info
From: Michael Romano (mromano@verticalnet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 10:10:03 MDT

> > these troublesome symlinks are in:
> > /pub/yellowdog/champion-1.1/ppc/RedHat/instimage/usr/bin
> > /pub/yellowdog/champion-1.1/ppc/RedHat/instimage/lib
>
> Only if you want to burn a cd, will you need those files.

I *do* want to burn a CD. I've got the files on a PC at work, I want to
install YellowDog on a Mac at home.
The symlinks are my only stumbling point, I believe. How could I make them
behave?

My plan:
Boot into RH (Intel); recreate the symlinks (if I can figure out what should
link to what), then run mkINSTALLCD to generate an .img. This .img would
then be used to burn a CD (missing /misc/src) which I could use to install.

Sound like it would work?

thanks,

mike