PM8500/120

Subject: PM8500/120
From: Mark Bradner (mbradner@foxinternet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 13:36:09 MDT

I've been watching the list with interest for about a week, and thought I'd
submit a quick note about my very satisfactory experience with YDL.

I have a PM8500/120 with 80MB ram, a 2GB internal, a 1GB Jaz internal, and
a 1GB external drive dedicated to Linux. I received the distribution on
CD, and had it installed and working in less than an hour. The only snag
on installation was a fatal error message about /dev/sdb having something
wrong with it. After some trashing around I figured out that /dev/sdb was
my Jaz drive, and it didn't have a cartridge in it. I put a cartridge in,
and it flew right through that part of the installation. Very straight
forward installation. Only suggestion I might make is to have more
flexibility in defining the path where the installer gets the installation
files. Maybe more like Debian does it... I don't even know if that's
possible with a RedHat type installer.

Good job guys...

"Bilyuns and Bilyuns... Carl Sagan"
Mark Bradner