RE: ydl 1.0 on g3 b&w

Subject: RE: ydl 1.0 on g3 b&w
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasse@ubaclu.unibas.ch)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 04:32:52 MDT

>i used the kernel shipped with ydl 1.0, 2.2 (ydl-manual, i think 2.2.6).
>this doesn't work.
>then i downloaded the update for cd-install,
>ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/champion-1.0/instal
>l/updcd_ramdisk.image.gz
>this also doesn't work.

For B&W G3s you need the kernel which supports the
Ultra-ATA-interface. It can be found here:
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/kernel/blueg3/

or you could install the Champion Server 1.1., there it's included.

>i use my usb-keyboard, shipped with my mac.
>i hope there is no adb-keyboard necessary.
There is an USB US keyboard map for text console, but not for
X-Window (in CS 1.0, dunno about 1.1). If you need an xmodmap for
USB, look at my website at http://www.cyberlink.ch/~hochstra/ydl-g3/
It is for Swiss German USB keyboards only, but with the info provided
on the site you should be able to create other xmodmaps. If you send
one to me I'll put it up to the site.

Cheers
--Urs

Urs Hochstrasser hochstrasse@ubaclu.unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07