Re: smaller ramdisk

Subject: Re: smaller ramdisk
From: Paul Schaap (paul.schaap@dingoblue.com.au)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 19:50:31 MDT

Dan,

The smaller ramdisk also allowed me to install on a 7200/75 PowerMac
where the original ramdisk off the ftp site would just hang on the
Booting Linux line we know so well. I definitely did do a binary transfer
of the original one (several times), so is anyone else having trouble ?

Also on a 7200/75 at work I had to make sure it was in at least 'thousands'
of colours before it would get past 'Booting Linux', I hope this is documented

somewhere for newbies :-)

REGARDS
Paul