Re: Thanks Ben, works great and a new question for all.

Subject: Re: Thanks Ben, works great and a new question for all.
From: Benjamin Karas (bjk4@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 10:46:36 MDT

> Now for my new question for all.
>
> Netscape 4.61 has crashed on me for the last time!!!!!! Next time, I am sure I
> am gonna have major data loss (yes, X freezes and I can't escape)....

For a while this summer Gnome was crashing on me (freezing, requiring a
reboot since I didn't have a network). Since upgrading to Champion-1.1, I
have had zero crashes (other than on I forked in an infinite loop by
accident). I don't know what the cause was, but I have been very happy
with the upgrade.

I don't know if that helps...

Another browser would be lynx, but that is kinda text based and doesn't do
everything netscape can.

-Ben Karas

ps. The upgrade even fixed the pesky backspace key for me !!!