Re: Thanks Ben, works great and a new question for all.

Subject: Re: Thanks Ben, works great and a new question for all.
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 16:34:10 MDT

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> Evan,
> About you having problems with netscape and the backspace. I
> assume you're talking about changing backspase from acting as a 'delete'
> key. I had the same problem with netscape, it hated life, when i fixed
> it by the xmodmap command. But i found it only hated life, if i fixed it
> after i booted up netscape. IF i fixed it, then booted up netscape, it
> works like a champ. I'm not sure if this is the same porlbem you're
> having or not. But just FYI.
> -brett

What happens to me is that Netscape loves "deleting" but won't backspace (when
the change has ben made to xmodmap). Instead of backspacing, it sends out an
empty space or something....

I always fix xmodmap BEFORE I boot netscape..... actually, when I started using
CS1.1, it seemed to work ok.... but now it doesn't...

nevermind....

THanks

Ev.