Re: Mouse under YDL

Subject: Re: Mouse under YDL
From: Andrew B. Arthur (arthur99@global2000.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 11:13:00 MDT

> De: Frank SIGWALT [mailto:frank-sigwalt@cr-alsace.fr]

> I have installed on my computer (powermac 7500 / PCI) the yellowdog Linux
> distribution.

> I have a mouse with one button.

Your certainly not alone -- most Macs have one button mice.

> It's possible to use a mouse with 3 button (spec hardware) ?

Yes. See Below.

> Yes, what is the model and the configuration files ?

>From The Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.1 User Manual page 68:

# TSS Software Engineers¹ Notes
#
# Mouse Emulation
#
# In order to configure your system to emulate the 2nd and 3rd
# buttons on ADB systems, you will need to add the following
# to the BootX kernel arguments: adb_buttons=1,103,111
#
# The above kernel argument will enable your F11 and F12 to
# keys to become the 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons.
#
# USB keyboard users may simply use the NUM-LOCK and ³=²
# key on the keypad for the 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons
# respectively.

It's a pretty good manual, I recommend you keep it handy. If you don't have
the printed version, get the PDF version from ftp.yellowdoglinux.com.

I keep mine just like this:

xpdf /mnt/machd/Documentation/guide_v1.1_72dpi.pdf

;-)

Thanks,

Andrew Arthur a.k.a. AArthur
arthur99@global2000.net