RE: smaller ramdisk

Subject: RE: smaller ramdisk
From: Scott Hofmann (scott@mapobject.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 08:13:53 MDT

Dear List,

I am in almost the same situation as Mr. Rutherford, rs6000/p43/model 140
however. I have been attempting to get YD on my machine but the install
image is too big to fit on a floppy. As observed in the attached list, Mr.
Burcaw asks Mr. Rutherford if he built the kernel/ramdisk.

How does one build a kernel/ramdisk?

An individual actually did this and posted the resulting file on an ftp site
but those were for ANS only. The last message I saw related to this was from
Mr. Burcaw on 20 August saying, "We'll have some RS/6000 stuff up today :)."
I might have missed the posting but I don't think I have seen anything more
on the topic addressed since then. I have been waiting for one to be posted
somewhere for the rs6000. If someone can tell me how to make the build or
where to find a resource describing the procedure, I would appreciate the
information.

Thank you for your help.
Scott Hofmann
scott@mapobject.com