Re: Sendmail for the newbie

Subject: Re: Sendmail for the newbie
From: Jason P. Stanford (jps3@Lehigh.EDU)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 09:44:37 MDT

  How does qmail fit in with using linuxconf/netconf? Does it simply
replace the sendmail binaries, or am I going to have to reconfigure
everything? Also, when/if I upgrade to the next version of Champion
Server >1.1, will I have to battle sendmail being reinstalled? I've been
hearing about the problems of sendmail, and how qmail is a good
replacement, but I can't afford the time right now to be completely
sidetracked having to learn an entirely new system. It would be nice if
there were support for existing sendmail.cf files and configuring via
linuxconf or netconf...