Re: Powerbook g3 CDRom

Subject: Re: Powerbook g3 CDRom
From: Benjamin Karas (bjk4@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 22:16:05 MDT

Another weird thingee about the cdrom is that /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info
says my cdrom drive name is sr0. However, /dev/cdrom is a link to
/dev/scd0. Another piece to this puzzle is a syslog entry (repeated every
half second for a few hours before I noticed it) that was caused by
cdplayer_applet attempting to access a non-existant cd-rom at /dev/sr0.

Could this be the mysterious cause of some crashes? Does linking /dev/sr0
to /dev/scd0 solve the problem? Why the naming mismatch? I don't know...

-Ben Karas