Re: X Freezes (again)

Subject: Re: X Freezes (again)
From: Andrew Rohl (andrew@power.curtin.edu.au)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 04:50:26 MDT

> What other things should I check? I have ruled out hardware problems
> because the MacOS never froze on me. I'd like to provide more info, but I
> don't know what to give.
I know for a fact that this is *not* a good assumption! Linux does use the
CPU more than MacOS and although I have no examples on the ppc, I have used
a pentium system that worked great at 120MHz on wintel but would crash
instantly under linux but switching down to 90MHz worked fine. Pretty
wierd I know....

  Andrew