Re: incompatibility problem

Subject: Re: incompatibility problem
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 16:34:50 MDT

We're using glibc 2.1 now.. he won't need to upgrade every 3-6 months.
Perhaps you could forward the guy my direction.

(incidently, these guys seems to be right down the road (30 miles) from
us.

Dan

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, andu wrote:

> There is a development environment that runs on most popular platforms
> including Linuxppc - MetaCard.
> The porting to Linuxppc is as recent as R4.x, unfortunately there's no way
> to make it run under current YDL 1.1. The developer is reluctant to upgrade
> his software for every new release of Linuxppc and for good reason, one
> cannot do that every 3-6 months or so and worry about backward compatibility
> and users running older versions of Linuxppc.
> This is quite unfortunate for linuxppc(YDL) users since they miss on a very
> powerful tool for cross platform development, cgi scripting , socket
> support(http,ftp,smtp,pop,etc.) etc..
> My question is how come software developed as recently as last year doesn't
> run on YDL1.1(since that's what i'm using in terms of linuxppc) and what
> fixes are available.
> MetaCard can be obtained at www.metacard.com for those interested.
> My only relation with them is as user.
> Andu

Dan

Yellow Dog Linux for Apple G3 and PowerPC
  email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
  website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/