Re: X Freezes (again)

Subject: Re: X Freezes (again)
From: Benjamin Karas (bjk4@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 11:50:22 MDT

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Daniel P. Hembree wrote:

> What sort of error messages did you get from the "crash". Was it a
> kernel panic? A freeze?

It is a complete freeze. The mouse does not move. The only keypress that
works is cmd-ctrl-reset. The computer does not ping. There is no clue to
about the crash in /var/log/messages. It doesn't happen when cron should
be running (I think).

I've been eliminating causes by elimination, but this is a very slow
process because the freezes have been infrequent (two in a row, once a
week).

-Ben Karas