kernel args for fb?

Subject: kernel args for fb?
From: raptor (raptor@pop.austin.outernet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 23:11:39 MST

Is there a list of the options for the FB driver built in to the kernel?

For example, you can pass video=atyfb:vmode=18,cmode=32

this works fine if you have an ati video card. If oyu had a matrox vido
card, it would be video=matrox

bot what if you have a "control" video card, as my 8600 has.

I can find almost zero documentiation on fb (xfree86) or the "fb"
functions in the 2.2.13 kernel, and I have checked the framebuffer howto
(that author has a line that says he would like osme information on
powerpc framebuffer) and the kernel docs, etc. Does anyone have this info,
before I start picking through the source?
thanks.

Scott Mullen Outernet Connections
Information and Systems 8217 Shoal Creek #106
mailto:raptor@outer.net
phone: (512) 206-0527 Austin TX 78757
fax: (512) 206-0238 http://www.outer.net/banzai

--"The only reason for time is so that everything
doesn't happen at once." -- B. Banzai