sshd, xauth, or xhost?

Subject: sshd, xauth, or xhost?
From: Jason P. Stanford (jps3@Lehigh.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 00:19:48 MST

I was "cleaning" a bunch of access-related files (to make sure I had no
obvious holes). Now something has changed with my ssh connection to the
server, in that I can't just start a X program (e.g. xemacs) because my
$DISPLAY var seems wrong. Its default is now foo.bar:10.0. That's the
default set by /etc/ssh/sshd_config apparently, via its X11DisplayOffset
config.

Here some info from /var/log/messages:

Dec 9 01:27:09 foobar sshd[8404]: log: Password authentication for
jason accepted.
Dec 9 01:27:13 foobar sshd[8404]: error: Fwd X11 connection from
foo.bar.edu refused by tcp_wrappers.

What controls the tcp wrappers? Is this tcpd? inetd? I'm going nuts
trying to figure out what I changed that is doing this.

Also, could my setup in /etc/hosts.allow have caused this?

% cat /etc/hosts.allow
#
# hosts.allow This file describes the names of the hosts which are
# allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
# by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.

ALL EXCEPT ftpd-BSD EXCEPT in.telnetd EXCEPT portmap EXCEPT sshd: LOCAL
ftpd-BSD: ALL
in.telnetd: ALL
sshd: ALL
portmap: foo.bar.edu

--
Taurus: (April. 20--May 20)
Try as you might, you will be unable to convince the judge that the