Re: netatalk and shared directories

Subject: Re: netatalk and shared directories
From: Joe Lannom (minstrel@hagbard.40ad.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 08:02:45 MST

> O.K. so netatalk is installed and users can see their /home directories by going to the Chooser and entering their username and password. I have taken a look at
> /etc/atalkt/AppleVolumes.default file and don't see where I edit to create shared directories for users who are members of certain groups.

Ok, you're trying to get atalkd to map to members of unix groups.

Not gonna happen... BUT, since authenticated connections are done with the
uid of the authenticated user, just make the directories only accessible by
that group using the unix group permissions, and anyone NOT in that group
will get an error msg when trying to mount that directory on the desktop.

Not very elegant, but thats the only way I can think of to do that with
atalkd.

joe