IP Aliases

Subject: IP Aliases
From: Jason P. Stanford (jps3@Lehigh.EDU)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 02:13:01 MST

  I am going nuts trying to get my IP Aliases to automatically come up
when I boot/reboot or do an '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
(stop|start|restart)'. I have linuxconf setup properly for IP Aliases. I
even went so far as to manually create additional files in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts for icfg-eth0:0 and ifcg-eth0:1. What am
I doing wrong? It's a pain to keep doing a 'route add -net ...' every
time. And, if I forget, then there's trouble!
  Thanks..