Clock and MOL

Subject: Clock and MOL
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 11:11:01 MST

My mac is primarily a unix workstation, so I've set it up as I do any
other workstation -- clock set to UTC, and default timezone is mine.
This is updated by xntpd, and works fine and dandy, and so forth.

Until I start Mac-on-Linux! The clock in MacOS is off by four hours,
so I assume it's thinking it's in another timezone. I can think of
some hacks to fix it, but what I'd like to know, is:

Is there a canonical way of setting up a dual-boot mac/linux system
so that the hardware clock is set to UTC, and the time is correct
in linux, in mac-on-linux, and in plain old macos?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services