precompiled kernels

Subject: precompiled kernels
From: david wallin (david.wallin@telia.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 19:07:25 MST

Hi all,

Bought and installed Linux friday on a Jaz2 connected to a beige
G3/300 Powermac. Everything works great except MOL. I have tried
different kernels :

2.2.6-16bpmac (from YDL CS-1.1 cd)
2.2.12-2 (precompiled from YDL ftp-site)
2.2.13 (from linuxppc.org; didn't work at all)
2.2.14p9 (ftp.linuxcare.com.au/pub/ppclinux/kernels)

The two from YDL works fine except when I try to run MOL, the one
from Linuxcare runs MOL fine but I can't get PPP-connections any
longer :-(.

I don't feel the urge to start messing around with compiling my own
kernels right now (I'm a newbie, remember), so, I was kindof hoping
that somebody could point me to a good source of precompiled kernels
'that just works'.

Also, if someone could tell me where to find some info about Kernel
modules and Booting, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--david.