Re: Mac OS software under (YD) Linux

Subject: Re: Mac OS software under (YD) Linux
From: Nick (napalmfreak@mindless.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 21:24:05 MST

>napalmfreak@mindless.com writes:
>>Does anyone know of a Mac box (something that allows you to use tha mac
>>hardware to run mac apps under linux) or a good mac emulator under linux?
>>Im not really picky about OS version, I mainly want to use it for some
>>small apps I use under mac OS over the net and theres no ports that I can
>>find (The Palace visual chat). If someone knows of a port that would be
>>great too thanx.
>>
>> -Nick Shaff
>
>Even if you get an emulator that works, it's IP operation might still give
>Palace a headache. As far as I know, no version of linux for the
>Macintosh has a functional emulator yet.

Yeah I thought Id probably have a problem but Ive found 2 solutions to any
out there interested. theres a linux mac Emulator called Basilisk II that
can emulate anything from a plus to a II depending on what ROM image you
have for it...havent tested yet though gotta get an old II so I can get a
ROM image. Also theres a company *forgot name* that makes a program called
Sheep-Shaver is basicaly a Box (meaning it uses your hardware to run the OS
not emulation). It will allow you to use Mac OS at full speed on your
machine in a window. It is currently out for BE OS and the Linux version is
in beta. I expect it to cost $50 because thats what the BE version costs.

-Nick Shaff

"Macintosh -- we might not get everything right, but
atleast we knew the century was going to end."

"Windows 98 not found: (C)heer, (P)arty, (D)ance?"

01001110011010010110001101101011

http://shade.cit.cornell.edu