ODBC & Applix

Subject: ODBC & Applix
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 10:22:19 MST

I'm making yet another attempt to get Applix data to work. I'm pretty
pathetis with databases so be nice to me. I'm trying to connect via ODBC
to a Postgresql data base. When I attempt to connect I get the error:
"-1: Cannot launch gateway on server not a tcp service in etc/services.
I check /etc/services and found the line:

odbc 3306/udp # Add postgres service
odbc 3306/tcp # Used same port as mysql--

This is at the very end on /etc/services under the heading #Localhost.
Does anyone know if this is correct?

Here's my .odbc.ini:
#odbc.ini
#configuration file for applix client for postgresql database

  [ODBC Data Sources]
  psql=Postgresql Database

  [psql]
  Driver=/opt/applix/axdata/axshlib/lib/libiodbc.so.2
  Database=postgres
  Server=localhost

  [ODBC]
  InstallDir=/opt/applix/axdata/axshlib

Any advice or pointers to howtos are gratefully accepted.

Neil Jolly mailto:neil@jolly.ca
Got trouble with your X?
Try
http://www.members.home.net/njolly/xfree86/