Re: usb support

Subject: Re: usb support
From: andu (undo@cloud9.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:00:06 MST

I'm reposting this since I do need help.

I've been off the list for a while so I'm not really up to date on the latest
kernel with improved usb support. The one I'm using now is 2.2.6 or something
and it doesn't quite work with my current setup:
one G3 running MacOS and YDL and a PC running Linux and "the other" OS.
I use the stock G3 keyboard and a usb track ball for all of them, switched with
DrBott's Moniswitch usb device.
YDL responds to the keyboard and the track ball fine unless I
switch to the other machine. When I switch back to YDL its all frozen.
The Linux(Mandrake) I run on the PC I noticed, has all usb stuff as modules
where YDL has it built in the kernel and loads it at boot, does that make
the difference?
Since I posted this first I upgraded to 2.2.12 but the problem persists
less the keyboard which works probably due to changing the settings in
XF86Config.
It looks as if when I switch back to YDL it forgets to reactivate the
trackball.
I tried the usb mouse that came with the G3 and the behavior is the same.
Any input is appreciated.
Also when trying to recompile the 2.2.12 kernel It looks for a
"kernel.h"(or similar) file in /boot and it's not there.
Thanks, Andu

Regrds, Andu