Re: Hello Little Install Help

Subject: Re: Hello Little Install Help
From: Jon Gardner (jon@food.tamu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 08:04:30 MST

on 12/20/99 5:36 PM, Booth Rand at randnet@earthlink.net wrote:

> The CD I am using is YDL 1.1. After going through the drive setup, and
> partitioning. I partition, btw, two one 3 gig MAC OS Extended the rest is
> Unallocated. Set the partitions. Reinstall the Mac OS System. Copy Boot X and

In Drive Setup, create one Mac OS Extended partition of about 200 or 250Mb,
which is plenty big to hold the Mac OS system, and leave the rest
unallocated. Install Mac OS, Boot X etc. and boot off of the ramdisk. Once
you're in the YDL setup, you'll use fdisk to create the linux partitions in
the unallocated space. The easiest thing to do is create a 128Mb partition
for swap, and use the rest of the disk for root.

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:jon@food.tamu.edu>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 409.458.1839 Fax 409.845.2157 ICQ 34792860
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>