Re: Manual Instructions

Subject: Re: Manual Instructions
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 10:32:41 MST

> > Say to set the to be linux partition as unallocated. In Mac 9, there
> > are drive setups for LinuxPPC and others, not sure if instructions are in
> > tune with Mac 9. How do I specify it for Linux in drive setup. Why
> >can't I just declare it as unallocated.

When I did my partitioning, it didn't work the first two times becase I
didn't pay close enough attention to the margin notes on 5.14:

        "If you do not restart the installation program after making
         changes to the partition map, you will experience unusual errors
         later in the installation process."

If you haven't been doing this, do. I could find no other way to do it
but to pull the power cord, but when I did, on the third installation,
everything worked.

-- adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

Shephrd: Exactly. It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the
misappre'ension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a
start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their 'ind
legs. Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that
they do not so much fly as...plummet.

                -- Monty Python