Re: Getting Seti Program to work in Linux

Subject: Re: Getting Seti Program to work in Linux
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 13:58:14 MST

I downloaded the ppc-glibc version of the seti client to my YDL box,
un-tarred it, made the setiathome file executable, and it worked
fine. There was really good documentation that came with it, so I
was able to get it running smoothly in the background where it
wouldn't bother anybody.

Here is the file I downloaded....

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/setiathome/setiathome-1.3.powerpc-unknown-linu
x-gnu-glibc1.tar
ftp://alien.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/setiathome-1.3.powerpc-unknown-linux-
gnu-glibc1.tar
ftp://setidata.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/setiathome-1.3.powerpc-unknown-lin
ux-gnu-glibc1.tar

Let me know if you have problems with it.

Phil

>My Yellowdog Linux is working just fine My big problem is getting some
>of the programs to run "Executable files" the last one I tried to run
>was "Seti" from http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ I know this is not
>a Yellowdog problem I learned that just because a program is a Linux
>program does not mean that it will run under the Yellowdog environment.
>Will someone help me out?

" Ill believe computers can think when you ask one question
and it replies, "That reminds me of a story. "

                -Gregory Bateson