Re(2): Hello Little Install Help

Subject: Re(2): Hello Little Install Help
From: Nathaniel Strauss (nstrauss@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 23:04:15 MST

fmlazar@copytoneonline.com (Frank M. Lazar) writes:
>jon@food.tamu.edu writes:
>>In Drive Setup, create one Mac OS Extended partition of about 200 or
>>250Mb,
>>which is plenty big to hold the Mac OS system, and leave the rest
>>unallocated. Install Mac OS, Boot X etc. and boot off of the ramdisk.
>
> The Mac OS partition MUST be HFS, leave out the plus. Otherwise you're
>on target.

I have done two YDL installations: one on a G3/233 (straightforward) and
one on an iMac DV (needed Open Firmware). On both, the MacOS partition
(kernel boot) was HFS+. As I understand it, Linux cannot mount HFS+ volumes
-- but you don't need to mount your MacOS partition in Linux to do a normal
installation.

-Nate