Headphones and Sound under linux

Subject: Headphones and Sound under linux
From: Aaron Levitt (aaron@ultimatewisdom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 00:09:23 MST

Ok.. I have looked all over for the answer to this.. including the
YDL lists archives and the linuxPPC archives to no avail. When I
play MP3's on MMX or CD's.. the sound is fine coming out my internal
speakers. When I plug my headphones in.. I still get sound out of my
speakers. Fine, I understand how to change it in sndvolmix.
However, if a song is playing.. and I do sndvolmix -h to mute the
speakers it only works until the next track plays. Then, as soon as
the next song comes on.. the internal speakers start playing sound
again.

After looking through both lists, I only saw one person on the other
list that had this problem, and it wasn't answered.

I am using a G3 powerbook (Wallstreet II) with BootX 1.1.3. Anyone
have any suggestions??

-Aaron

/^\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
\ /
  X "We have solutions, just not for your computer"
/ \ --Microsoft Tech Support