Re: Glibc update and bind failures

Subject: Re: Glibc update and bind failures
From: Darron Froese (darron@fudgehead.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 22:24:50 MST

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> What version of glibc are you using?
> I would suggest trying the version available at
> ftp://ftp.devel.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/ruffpack/ruffpack-0.5/YellowDog/RPMS
> if that is not what you are already using.

That's the one that I used on the 2 machines that were updated to OpenSSH.
those are the only 2 that are exhibiting the failing dns lookups. These
machines have performed flawlessly since July - just before I went on
holidays, I removed ssh, updated glibc and installed OpenSSH. Then dns
failures galore....I've gotten 2 since my last email to you.

Is there a way to go back? If I can go back, then I can roll my own
OpenSSH and that should fix the problem..

I just don't want to decimate my system by forcing a glibc downgrade.

Thanks for your responses.

--
Darron
darron@fudgehead.com