Re: Webmin on Yellow Dog/ANS

Subject: Re: Webmin on Yellow Dog/ANS
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 21:04:37 MST

Nicholas Olinsky wrote:

> Is anyone using Webmin with YDL?
>
> Has anyone heard of it? http://www.webmin.com
>
> It lets you administrate your Linux box from a web browser. Their web
> sites lists many Linux distributions that it will run on, but doesn't
> mention Yellow Dog or LinuxPPC by name.
>
> Is there a distribution that will work? The extent of my ability to
> compile source code is limited to compiling Squid on Red Hat 5.2 with
> very detailed and specific instructions.
>
> I would like to run Webmin on my ANS box, if somebody can point me in
> the right direction.

I've run webmin on YDL using the MkLinux setting, and I've heard of
others using it on Linuxppc using the redhat settings without any
problems. I also use it on several RedHat/Intel installs at work with no
problems. I'ts really handy for those less familiar with Linux, that you
want to give some administrative ability, but I'd caution against webmin
in a real secure setting. Not sure about ANS, but there's one sure way
to find out ;-).

--
Neil Jolly
Coming at you from Yellowdog Linux - another MICRO~1 free OS!