Murder Mystery

Subject: Murder Mystery
From: Joshua DiMauro (jdimauro@pratt.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 21:16:22 MST

Hello, all.

I'm running YDL CS 1.1, pretty much unmodified, on a Lombard '99 PBG3/333.

Be gentle. It's (almost) my first time. <:)

Uh, two quick questions. One: Do I need to upgrade my kernel to run
mouseconfig to use my USB mouse, and keyboard? (Logitech USB Mouseman Wheel)
I'm using this PB as a desktop, you see; external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Can't use the internal keyboard, because that means I have the machine open.

'Nother one: gpm has been mysteriously murdered. Flash back and forth between
black screen and text, it times out, I shutdown -time now and halt the machine.
Not a new story.

I know I'm supposed to, uh, run in single-user mode, and then run Xconfig (or
somesuch). What gets up my nose is that Gnome was *working*, and then just
decided to crap out like this. First it was intermittent, now it's constant.

Obviously, I'd like to fix my Xwindows first. Rid myself of the flashing
horror. *Then* upgrade my kernel. Heh.

TIA.

JDiMauro