Re: Beige G3

Subject: Re: Beige G3
From: Frank M. Lazar (fmlazar@copytoneonline.com )
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 14:18:54 MST

powermac@sympatico.ca writes:
>I remember last year there was a site or two that covered Linux on the
>beige g3's. I'm just getting back into Linux and I can't seem to find
>either them or any others. Does any one know of any Linux sites that talk
>about the beige g3's. Or is it that there just aren't any issues with
>these machines.
>
>Regards,
> Andrew

LinuxPPC.org
The YellowDog site has a install guide which discusses the G3 in depth.
One of the main issues is accelerated graphics with the built-in Rage 128
pro, there are kernal fixes for that. The YD demo at last years Macworld
was on BW G3's.

Frank Lazar Technical Manager
Copytone Visual Communications
fmlazar@copytoneonline.com