mail problems

Subject: mail problems
From: Scott Atkinson (satkinsn@wwnytv.net)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 07:31:27 MST

At the risk of finding out I failed to RTFM, I need help.
As root, I can't get either the KDE mail client to accept my email address and real name - nor can I get Netscape to do it. In both cases, I was able to get incoming mail working - but not the information neccessary to send mail out. There aren't any buttons to 'ok' the changes I make to the fill-in forms.
Plus, every time I open the mail client, it brings up the identity page.
Since I don't want to operate as root anyway, I tried to set up mail in my user account and ran into pretty much the same problem.
What am I doing wrong?

Tks,

Scott Atkinson