Re: mail problems

Subject: Re: mail problems
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 09:12:35 MST

Scott Atkinson wrote:

> At the risk of finding out I failed to RTFM, I need help.As root, I
> can't get either the KDE mail client to accept my email address and
> real name - nor can I get Netscape to do it. In both cases, I was able
> to get incoming mail working - but not the information neccessary to
> send mail out. There aren't any buttons to 'ok' the changes I make to
> the fill-in forms.Plus, every time I open the mail client, it brings
> up the identity page.Since I don't want to operate as root anyway, I
> tried to set up mail in my user account and ran into pretty much the
> same problem.What am I doing wrong? Tks, Scott Atkinson

In netscape Communicator 4.6

Edit Menu Select Preferences (at the bottom)
Open Mail and Newsgroups so the detail list shows
Click Mail Servers

outgoing mail server needs to be configured here and probably your
username.

the entries may not be the same as the incoming mail server's name. At
my ISP, the entries are
Incoming: pop.tiac.net
Outgoing: smtp.tiac.net
Username: pac1