Re: ppp and modem not initializing

Subject: Re: ppp and modem not initializing
From: Clark Baker (cmbaker@tiac.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 08:13:18 MST

I am using the internal modem on a Power Mac 6500. I got it working
with Kppp, and was able to use Kppp to help figure some things out.

Here is an old piece of mail. If you are still stuck, ask again.

One thing if interest is to know if you are talking to the modem and
actually dialing. You could figure this out by calling a second phone
in your house and seeing if it rings.

If you get to the point where you dial, and connect to an ISP, then
the next step it to write a small login script. I had initially
assumed that this stuff would "just work", but that is not true. How
you log into each ISP and start ppp can differ. Once each of you
starts a ppp, they can talk and figure out the rest.