Cutting Power to internal modem

Subject: Cutting Power to internal modem
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 10:30:29 MST

Does anyone know of a way to kill the power to the internal modem on a
wallstreet. I have had no success getting my modem to consistenly
hang-up. Sometims it does it by itself, sometimes I need to su, and cat
ath0 to the device name, and sometimes nothing works except rebooting.
Is there a system call that will cut power internally?

I have a wallstreet 233 with an internal modem from a Blue and White g3
(Yes, I know that isn't the modem that is supposed to be there)

-Adam

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality. -- Albert Einstein